The rich history of Yellowknife is worth saving, documenting and displaying. However, there is currently no such place dedicated to showcasing this story. The Yellowknife Historical Society is constructing a unique community-driven museum. When completed, this museum will:
- Be a vibrant, one of a kind, tourist attraction for the Northwest Territories.
- Become a focal point for the social, industrial, and geologic heritage of Yellowknife and region.
- Contribute to opportunities for other spin-off businesses associated with the adjacent lake and boating facilities.
- Boost NWT tourism by attracting a new market of tourists.
- Increase business to local hotels, restaurants, retail stores, gas stations, campgrounds, gift shops, etc.
The Society is seeking to engage a wide variety of patrons including researchers, rock hounds, historians, and tourism operators. In order to make this a reality, the Society is calling for monetary support.
Follow these links to learn more about the Museum Project:
Interested in contributing to our vision of a community museum for Yellowknife? Click here to Get Involved